Thursday, April 06, 2006

Byron Update

Well I am still having a great time in Byron. The weather has been a tad changeable to say the least, but the one consistent thing is that it is hot and sticky (whether it is sunny, cloudy, raining or storming - the heat remains).

I have basically been taking it easy. I spent all of Tuesday (which was sunnry and hot) lounging around in Jo & Craig's garden reading. It was all I could manage in the heat. I just couldn't face getting in a car

Wednesday I forced myself in to action(after storm the night before, it was still hot & sticky but overcast, so I thought I could manage it) and went to Mullumbindy to visit the town before driving out to the Crystal Castle (place where they have lovely grounds with lots of crystals, buddhas, life affirming labyrinths etc..). It was nice to wander round surrounded by the gentle waft of essential oils. Nice mellow thing to do on a drizzly afternoon. After that I headed to Byron to meet up with Sophie. We had a giant fruit smoothie each which was heavenly. After that we popped in to Peter Pan's to look at tour and travel options up to Cairns from Byron.

They planned us a great itinerary, gave us a great discount and from Sunday I have a very full fortnight of tours, sailing trips, 4wheel driving, canoeing, kayaking with dolphins, snorkelling, white water rafting and national park visiting... among other things. It is going to be incredible. Plus we only have 1 night where we actually have to sleep on a coach, which given the distances that we are covering is quite amazing. So it looks like I will only get a couple of nights in Adelaide (probably from 27th April to 29th or 30th April) before heading to Sydney. Really depends on flights prices though if I make Adelaide, will be checking that out next.

So as you can tell from the above Sophie is coming travelling round Australia with me, which is great. Really looking forward to it! It should be fantastic.

Anyway, I had better head off to check out flight prices for Cairns to Adelaide and Adelaide to Sydney.

Byeee

No comments: