Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Photos from Ecuador

Above have the Inca ruins at Ingapirca. Please note the distinct lack of tourists. It was bliss


This is the artists district in Guayaquil at night. A really beautiful part of the city that they restored over recent years, as it had become very run down and a hide out for thieves and stuff. Now it is a vibrant, gorgeous part of the city covering a hill with 444 steps that lead up to a beautiful lighthouse. As well as finding art works here, there are some good bars and restaurants, plus obviously panoramic views of Guayaquil from the top


Here is one of the many gorgeous views of the area around Banos. I would put the many photos of waterfalls that I took up too, as there are so many in the area, but my blog might melt down! So here is a nice panoramic shot to give you a feel of what that area looked like


And this final photo is dedicated to Gaby, who was determined to see an Iguana while she was in Ecuador She finally saw one on her last day (she left this morning), but as it was a pretty quick glimpse, I though she would like this shot of Iggy (original name I know) who was having a bit of a snack on the lawns at the university today. The university has loads of Iguanas roaming the campus, I think they like to lounge around in the sun and look studious. Reminds me of my student days.... or at least it would if they were lounging around, pretending to be studious and drinking beer. Ah what fond memories I have!

No comments: