Monday, February 06, 2006

Missing post from 4th Feb

Well I have noticed that in my hurry to write up my post yesterday and still make it out in the evening, it looks like I made a mistake and didn't post it properly. Well it wasn't here when I posted my last post, so essentially this one needs to be read before post no 8 (Salsa, Going Bananas etc).

My mum and Eva took me to the aiport on Thursday to see me off. The flight over was pretty uneventful and I really enjoyed the inflight entertainment (Virgin have way cool inflight, it was a shame that I needed to sleep as I had enough stuff to watch for several more 12 hour flights (although was more than happy to get off the plane when we landed). Jo Boffey's BA flight landed a few minutes after mine so we meet at the luggage carousels and headed in to Hong Kong Central on the Airport express. Christina met us there and before I headed off to check in to my hostel in Causeway Bay we arranged to meet up that evening for a meal and drinks with Charlie too.

My hostel is OK in that it is very clean and feels safe. My room is small and the bathroom tiny (first time that I have ever seen a shower that hangs over the toilet), but it is kind of cosy with it and the people who run it are very friendly (well I think they are, they smile a lot but I really don't understand Chinese so hard to have a meaningful conversation),

That evening we met not far from Central station for a lovely Chinese meal in a place called "Rat Alley" although still not sure if that is the real name or Christina winding me up. Charlie was in good form and he was great catching up with everyone. After food we went for Vodka jelly shots at Al's diner to perk us up before heading to a russian bar called balalika. We doned furs and climbed in to a freezer to drink vodka shots - not what I had been expecting to be doing in Hong Kong but good fun. Once we were too chilled to stay in there we headed to the main bar where we had a few more drinks before calling it a night. Not bad after a night flight and with some incredibly mixed up jet lag style symptoms. Slept like a baby that night before getting up late and meeting up with Christina & Jo again.

We went for some fabulous dim sum near statue square on the water front. We had to wait to get in (long queues going on) but it was worth the wait as the food was fantastic.

After dim sum we for a long stroll round Hong Kong island and had a fantastic time taking in the sites and having a great time looking in the more interesting shops (paper shops were my favourite with every product you can imagine made out of paper so that it can be burned when people die and taken in to the after life with them). We walked for ages so that we could work off the food that we had eaten. When we decided that our feet had enough of a work out, Christina & I went for a foot massage, which was fabulous

After that we headed back to Christina's flat to meet her husband and her cat before heading out on the town. that is where this blog ends and the one below starts.

Lets hope this one posts OK

No comments: