Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lovely Louis Lizard Catcher

Just a quick post update as I am supposed to be house cleaning & I keep coming up with reasons not to. Bad bad me!

Here is a photo of my lovely Louis, he looks like such a little angel in this shot. Ha! If only! He caught two lizards today and I managed to rescue both (but sadly not their tails) before he could kill them. Pretty good day except I have lizard tail blood trails on my cleaning up list. Those disembodied tails really do wriggle up a storm for ages.


I can not believe just how lazy I have been this weekend. Saying that, with a nasty stomach bug last week, maybe I needed to just keel over this weekend. I do feel more human now.


Really loving the twitter phenomenon, especially having discovered so many writers that I really admire are regular tweeters. Now I have daily doses of inspiration, which is all really helping with my creative endeavours.


I am working on a fantasy book that I started when I was a teenager. Saying that I am not really picking up where I left off. The characters have been fermenting in the back of my mind. They have always been lurking there and it feels really good to be actively spending time with them. It probably sounds nutty but they are very real to me. Before you call for the men in white coats, I know they aren't "actually" real, but they are great company. So I am starting that all over again.


There are another two stories I am also going to be developing. One is a kids story and the other is for adults. Both are set in real world but with magical dimensions to them. I have issues dealing with real + real. Too much real for me. My imagination doesn't work that way. I need to let it run.


Well I feel better for posting about my writing projects. Now that Louis & I aren't the only ones that know about them, it gives them more substance. What is it about writing that is just so magical? I hope that I always feel the magic in it.


Signing off for now.

No comments: