Monday, May 08, 2006

Adelaide and Sydney

Well I am now in Rarotonga and am still playing catch up (while perspiring heavily, boy is it hot here!). So I need to tie up my time in Australia before I move on to how things are here in luscious Rarotonga.

When I left off I was leaving Cairns to go to Adelaide and vist my many cousins there. The journey was uneventful and I was met at the airport by my cousin Emma and her gorgeous little boy Ambrose (the most beautiful eye lashes you have ever seen on a boy, he is a complete sweetheart). Emma drove us round to her mum's , my cousin Helen's place where I met lots of my other cousins. I am proud to say that I now know the name of all 9 of Helen's lovely kids. I really do have the nicest cousins.

Don't want to go in to huge detail, for those non family members reading this, but everyone was well. I had a lovely meal round at cousin Paul's and met his 3 adorable children too (mum if you came out here, you would be in kiddie heaven!). Susana had made a lovely meal and it was lovely to relax, laugh at Paul & her brother Tim being attacked by little Michael & Ben and see the finale of the Australia's biggest loser. What can I say, it was addictive TV.

The next day Emma, little Ambrose and I went to the Gorge Wildlife park, where I fed kangaroos and wallabies (they are so cute) and finally got to hold a koala (having seen a wild one in the trees the night before when I went for a walk with Emma & Anna). A lovely relaxing evening at Helen's followed, with me actually attempting to turn up one of the legs on Simon's school trousers (umm wonder if that is still holding, sewing was never my strong point, but it was fun trying!). We ended the night with me and some of the girls curled up on sofas watching the Count of Monte Cristo

The next morning Helen kindly gave me a lift across town to the house of my friend Sian, her husband Russell and her 3 week old baby Patric. My trip to Adelaide was all about kids and babies. It was lovely to catch up with her and she seemed really well, for those of you that know her. Finally having recovered from the birth.

That evening, my last in Adelaide, I was treated to trip to Barnacle Bills for little Ben's 3rd birthday party. I met all of Susanna's family, who were lovely. Paul dropped me back at Helen's and we all ended up chatting until 1am. Lots of reminiscing about the family.

The next morning Paul drove me to the airport and I was off to Sydney where I was rejoining Sophie and seeing Guy for the first time in about 10 years.

Of course, I will not be able to finish off the Sydney element as once again I am running out of time on this computer (story of my life at the moment). So that will have to follow shortly. Suffice it to say it was amazing to see Guy when he met me at the Airport and meet his son, the lovely and I can't believe already 6 year old Thomas. He drove us back to his place in North Ryde where I saw Ann. I just wanted to hug them all and not let go! But details of that will follow in my next update, as my time is now fflashing red.

No comments: