Thursday, May 25, 2006

Scubatastic

Well I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day on Rarotonga. I don't want to leave! Admittedly the house has been quiet since the boys all left but the Germans, Canadians and American that moved in are really sweet... if not quite as silly. So I have enjoyed some nice mellow evenings with them, watching DVDs or doing my SCUBA homework.

Following my last post I completed my Open Water Diver Qualification. Did a couple of fun dives, decided that since I was going to dive more anyway to sign up for the Advanced course and I completed that yesterday. I have 2 final fun dives this afternoon and that will be my Rarotongan SCUBA adventure over. But on the bright side, I am now qualified to dive up to 30m when I turn up at other dive sites around the world. That can't be a bad thing.

With the advanced SCUBA I did my deep dive to 30m (with game to check for effects of Nitrogen Narcosis, which is kind of like being drunk from the symptoms I have read about), an advanced navigation dive (at last a valid reason to use a compass), wreck dive (yeap that is what it says, I dived on a ship wreck), photography dive (umm yes, no surprise there I took photos) and a night dive (boy was it dark, but diving with a torch in the dark is very cool, trust me). I just need to hand in all my written review stuff this afternoon and I will be officially an advanced PADI diver. Yeah!

That kind of sums up what i have been up to. I think my tan may actually be fading due to the amount of time I have been spending in the water here. But I don't care! Can't believe that it is my last two dives this afternoon. It will be weird saying goodbye to everybody at Pacific Divers. Unfortunately you can't dive on the same day that you fly so tomorrow (as I fly at 11.15pm in the evening) I will be pottering around town, packing and generally winding down for my departure.

However, it will be cool to get to LA and see the Negretes. Plus my Mum and Maggie arrive on Saturday which will be wonderful, can't wait to see them. So the adventure continues. California and Ecuador still to go before I head home and knuckle down to working again. Assuming that I can find a job quickly (NatWest Visa would greatly appreciate my finding a job promptly... hehe)

Will update you from the US of A...

No comments: