Saturday, May 20, 2006

Crazy Aunt Steph

Well my official new title is Crazy Aunt Steph, as that is what the cheeky sods that I share a house with here like to call me. OK so 3 of them are 19 yrs old, doesn't mean they have to make me feel quite so ancient!

Not that I am really complaining, as I have been laughing so hard over the past week or so, it has been fantastic. Vara's has really turned in to our little home, with evenings spent listening to music and talking utter rubbish. Sadly the 19 yr old contingent (Ollie, Ali and Jon) all left yesterday for LA, so me and Rhys (other household stalwart) are pining for them just a little bit! As is Ariki, our crazy puppy (he is 8 months old and likes to chew on things, particularly feet). The New Zealand girls all left yesterday too to stay with family nearer town and Rhys is off tonight, with the 2 remaining guys off tomorrow, so I am officially being abandoned by everyone. I don't like it!

Oh well, sure that we will have a whole new influx of people today and tomorrow, just hope that they are as fun. Feel like my Vara's family have all left me! Travelling is great, but saying goodbye to people officially sucks!

But on the bright side I have lots of great memories, particularly at the official send off on Wednesday night, dancing at Banana Court to some truly great cheese, while drinking vodka cranberry and melting from the heat.

Plus there is of course my diving. I have been doing my PADI and following 2 dives tomorrow will be a qualified diver. I love it! Rhys learnt with me too and he is officially hooked. While Ali and Ollie did their advanced while they were here, so we were a little diving family. I might try and squeeze my advanced course in before i leave, but it really depends if the lovely folk at Pacific Divers can fit that in. It really is addictive this diving lark though. Excellent! Plus it is so cheap here, it is incredible. Can't even feel guilty about spending too much money. It is a win win situation.

I get the feeling that the rest of my time here is just going to fly by between diving sessions etc. I am optimistic that some more cool people will be arriving to hang out with. But if not, I can get back to my books. Haven't got much reading in recently, as was too busy laughing. Good exercise laughing, you should all try it.

Well I am going to sign out now as don't really have that much more to tell you. I can confirm that I am so relaxed now, it is amazing that I can still function. While I look forward to seeing you all back home, I hope that you won't be offended if I admit to the fact that I really don't want to come home yet. But I still have a good 5 weeks to go, maybe the home sickness will have kicked in by that point.

Love to all

No comments: