Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cairns onwards

Hi me again and as usual up against it time wise, so I will update as much as I can before I get kicked off PC.

Well I am now in Sydney but am still playing catch up on the old blog front. Umm might need to just start editing myself more and get you all up to date on my adventures, given this is now my last day in Australia (sob, sob, love it here, don't want to leave).

When I left off Sophie & I had been dropped off in Cairns after white water rafting. We were staying at a hostel called Bohemia and by the time we got there we were exhausted (didn't realise how much the day of rafting had taken out of us). We just went for a bite to eat round the corner from the hostel before going back to collapse and sleep like the dead in our hostel. Shame as we met some nice people who wanted to chat etc.. but we just couldn't do it, we needed to sleep and didn't have an ounce of energy left to be sociable.

The next morning was an early start as we were picked up for our Cape Tribulation trip. What a beautiful part of the world. We went on a boat on the Daintree river and saw some big crocodiles (wouldn't want to annoy those creatures, they are huge and deadly), we were taken in to the rainforest, which was awesome and than taken in to where we were staying in Cape Tribulation. Our hostel/resort there was a place called Ferntrees. Peter Pans had messed up and we weren't booked in the same dorms. Unfortunately the hostel was full so they couldn't put us together. As it was Sophie's birthday the next day we decided to upgrade and be put in our own cabin (as this place has proper nice accommodation, not just dorms) so that we could be together to see in her birthday. It was worth every penny (and to be honest wasn't THAT much more given how lovely the accommodation was). Our cabin had 4 beds in it, a wonderful bathroom, a porch and was right in the rainforest. It was heaven!

We went for a wander to get a spot of lunch and found a place called Dragonfly just round the corner from our cabin. It was lovely there and they didn't massages so we booked in to have a massage in later that afternoon. Best thing we could have done. Delphina was a miracle worker. We both floated our of our respective massages feeling like new people. Plus had dinner at Dragonfly afterwards, as when we find somewhere we like, we can get very compulsive about going there (had lunch there the next day too before we left for Cairns.... what can I say it was a beautiful spot and the food was lush).

So other than a bit of pottering around we didn't visit that much in Cape Tribulation. It was just such a lovely spot to calmly wander round and enjoy the scenery. We were picked up by our bus and taken back to Cairns going to visit a gauge and Port Douglas on the way back. It was great. Back in Cairns, I sorted out my luggage as I was flying to Adelaide early the next morning.

Sophie and I worked to the Cairns Esplanade for dinner and celebrated her birthday in style in a restaurant called Splash. I ate the best oysters that I have ever tasted followed by lobster. Sophie decided to splash out (pardon the pun) and bought us a bottle of champagne to have with our meal. It was heaven!

Right Adelaide and Sydney to follow us the running out of time thing is flashing at me on my computer now. Love to all and next update will come from Raratonga. Blimey

No comments: